top of page
family counselling trust childrens anxiety therapy mental health charity donation support
Our vision is to offer psychological support at an early stage to every family with a child or young person who is experiencing challenging mental health issues.
scroll down

We're a small charity with a big vision. We currently serve Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, and Wiltshire but as we continue to grow we will expand our geographical coverage to serve more counselling to children and families in need of support.  

To relieve sickness and the preservation of health amongst people in the United Kingdom, by providing financial assistance, access to mental health counselling, therapy and other such support services.


To advance the education of the public in the subject of mental health problems and treatments available.


To advance the education of the trainee practitioners enrolled on mental health counselling, therapy and/support or associated course, for the benefit of the public.

Father and Son in Bed

We've found FCT friendly, kind, supportive & with a listening ear. Non-judgemental. They were happy to offer services to our family in need. 

Parent and Child

Life changing - she now has the tools to identify and cope with her anxiety 95% of the time - the other 5% I am able to identify and assist

Our daughter who finds talking about her feelings/emotions very difficult, felt very relaxed and comfortable with the therapist she had been referred to, a perfect match. 

dorset family counselling trust childrens mental health charity counselling poole bournemo


Family Counselling Trust is fully funded by generous donors and funders. Can you help us continue to deliver mental health support to children and families by making a donation? 

bottom of page